Latest data from the NCAS Capel Dewi Atmospheric Observatory
This page provides access to plots of the latest 24 hours' worth of data from instruments operated at the National Centre for Atmospheric Science (NCAS) Capel Dewi Atmospheric Observatory (CDAO).
- The NCAS CDAO was formerly know as the Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) Mesosphere-Stratosphere-Troposphere (MST) Radar Facility
- It is located at 52.42°N, -4.01°E, which is approximately 6 km inland from the coastal town of Aberystwyth in west Wales (UK)
- The plots are updated every 10 minutes
- The data shown have not undergone final quality control checks
- The data are typically made openly accessible (after final quality control checks have been made) on the day following acquisition
- Further details about the NCAS CDAO, its instruments, and how to access the data can be found at the Atmospheric Measurement & Observation Facility (AMOF) website
The plots were last updated at 2022-06-26 03:51 Local Time.
MST Radar, ST mode (approximate altitude range 2 - 20 km)
MST Radar, M mode (approximate altitude range 57 - 93 km)
Vaisala LD40 laser ceilometer